Here's is the first part of introduction to BodyCombat..
BODYCOMBAT™ is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. Supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors, you strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYCOMBAT™ class is produced every three months with new music and choreography.
A typical class
Your BODYCOMBAT™ instructor will lead you through a series of moves from a range of martial arts, to a series of different music tracks.
- You’ll begin by learning all the moves that will be used throughout the class, and warming up your body and mind for the battle ahead.
- Visualise your opponent and unleash into a series of fight combinations. The focus is on speed, power and endurance. There will be time to recover as you prepare for the each phase, with a final fight for your life that will seal the deal on your fitness objectives.
- Finally, you will take to the floor and cap off the workout with some strength training. Then it’s payback time – stretch out those hard-worked muscles after your fight.
- Improves heart and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Tones and shapes key muscle groups
- Burns calories for a leaner body
- Improves co-ordination and agility
- Improves bone density
- Improves posture and core strength and stability
- Builds self-confidence
HOW FIT DO I NEED TO BE?
BODYCOMBAT™ is for everyone with moderate fitness levels. And because the moves are simple, you don’t need to be especially well coordinated. Just give it a go!
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I TAKE A CLASS?
BODYCOMBAT™ is addictive, but don’t overdo it. For best results try and battle it out two or three times a week.
WILL BODYCOMBAT™ HELP ME IN SELF-DEFENCE?
BODYCOMBAT™ is a non-contact fitness program, not a self-defence course. However fitness is beneficial in any situation.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Comfortable workout clothes. Check out the Les Mills clothing range, designed with each of our classes in mind. My recommendation: wear light.
- Gym shoes. We recommend cross-trainers over running shoes, because they’ll give you better foot support for the types of movement you’ll be doing in class.
- Drink bottle.
- Towel. BODYCOMBAT™ makes for sweaty warriors!
- YOUR FIGHTER SPIRIT!!
For those who's planning to join a BodyCombat class, my advise is - just go, and enjoy the class!! Most importantly, have fun!