Monday, August 16, 2010

Bodycombat 45 review



Fresh from this morning's KL Q3 Super Workshop (I only went for Bodycombat session, which was at 8am!! Because I don't and didn't want to stay for the rest of the day!), I'd like to review BC45 as how I see it..

Please note this is only my personal opinion, and I'll write the highlights of the tracks only..

Track 1: No Easy Way Out
Already shoot is in this warm up track.. Goes like.. shuffle forward, jack in and out, shuffle back, step, shuffle forward, jack in and out, shuffle back, SHOOT..


Track 1b: Are you Gonna Go My Way
Lots of knees, running man knees, and front kicks and back kicks.. 

Track 2: Back to Innocence
Jabs and lots of knees, uppercuts and roundhouse.. a lot... this track is almost 5 minutes long!!

Track 3: Because The Night
Only a few release ago this song was in the warmup.. the only special thing on this track in this release is the slip right and left, to the music.. it's awesome.. There's jab, upper, travel jab, scissor, hook, sklp... long track again.. It's about cardio and driving the heartbeat shooting high...

Track 4: Take A Look Around
Balancing cat stand.. The butt will hurt damn lot... Trust me... Lunges followed by jump kick immediately.. fuuuu.... Remember the sword move from BC43? It's back in this track, but very fun move.. drama a bit also... lots of sword swinging.. :)

Track 5: Proud Mary
A fun track since Hairspray track a couple releases ago.. Really into the music... speedball is in this track.. and of course, the shoot.. and running... 

Track 6: Russion Roulette
The ultimate leg killer.. sinking down into the legs and move forward, keeping the same posture, shuffle back.. this is an awesome, awesome leg killer... the thighs will shake after finishing this track.. with back kick and front kicks as combination.. For once, short instructors have an advantage here.. tall ones like me, have to sink even lower!

Track 7: Goin' Out Swingin'
I dont think I feel the muay thai music... doesn't really feel like muay thai track.. lots of knees and footwork, hooks... 


Track 8: See The Light
I like this track the most in the entire release.. we have the power hook.. Jump forward on the second hook.. Start with cross, jab, cross... then add on uppercut.. Awesome awesome track..

Track 9: I Can Transform Ya
Alligator pushup is back!! And it's going to kill your arms.. lots, a hell lots of pushup.. tricep pushup to start with.. 16 alligator push up in one row, then stretch a while then back to push up again and followed by alligator push up again.. Explosive track to rip your chest apart..And finish off with sit ups, and C-crunch..

Track 10: Black Box
Nice cooldown track... Love it.. but yeah, nothing much... The song is catchy lah :p




That's pretty much about what I think of BC45.. overall I don't like it.. I wonder how am I going to teach it when I don't like it..

And I don't like people asking me, "eh you got solo class already ah".. I don't know if they ask in good faith or insulting me, knowing that in the industry I was not successful in my first attempt at clearance...





.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Eric! I didn't know you have this blog about BodyCombat. I chanced on it, when I was looking for some information about BC45. Doing great? Anyway, just would like to say, that's it's our job as BC instructors to make our members feel that we love what we do... show our passions. And though we don't absolutely love a particular release, it shouldn't show. You'll never know, they might end up loving the most despicable tracks, and you'll feel good you made them so. Good luck in you BC journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rev!! Haha.. pretty much passionate about what I do, sadly, not everyone thinks so..

    Anyway.. yeah... trying to like it.. memorizing it at the same time practising older releases for class...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All releases differ. However, as already said, you need to teach it like you love it.

    After all, our class participants come for a great class, and only we can deliver that.

    I didn't like 44, but loved 42, 43, and now 45. Not all songs or moves are a hit, but hey, it's a great workout.

    That's what our guys and gals want. So let's give it to them.

    Live on Body Combat.......

    ReplyDelete