Friday, August 12, 2011

Where it hurts the most..

Sometimes it hurts.. But we don't know cos it's not visible.. Only can be felt.. Others will often try to offer solutions but only one would know how and what's best..

Definitely not a matter of the heart but rather, I injured myself on Monday doing an advanced option for jumpkick and landed hard and despite the loud music and I heard this sound like crack or paper tear.. For that 10 seconds I just stood there, unable to move at all, and at the same time, instructing the class to continue on with the jumpkick..

When the track over, I paused for a while and checked on my leg.. Looks ok.. And I didn't really feel any pain for the rest of the class..

The pain only came the next day when I stand or sit too long.. With the first aid knowledge I had, I self assessed my condition and without a doubt, I knew I tore the muscles surrounding my knee cap.. Side front and back..

I can't squat yet and I can't sit with my leg bent.. It has to be straight and when standing I have to be mindful not to stand on the right leg.. And when I walk the stairs, the first step hurts..

Muscle can repair by it's own so there is no actual cause for concern, but thanks everyone for the concern really.. Chinese "tit da" wasnt an option because it's not a sprain.. You cannot heal muscle tear by rubbing! It only aggravates..

So yea, I'm back to teaching tomorrow night but with a knee support and only do tracks without jumping.. Other leg movements are fine..

Hugs people..



.

No comments:

Post a Comment