Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Virgin Class

It took me a good 35 minutes drive in high speed from Bdr Utama to Brem Mall in Kepong.. the traffic was doggone heavy in Bdr Utama and Jln Kuching exit of DUKE highway, and today being the first day of the Muslim holy month.. they begin to fast today, and the evening peak hour rush is when they go ALL out to buy food to break fast..

I reached the gym at 7.05pm.. Enough time for me to change and get the mic and stuffs and waited at the studio.. There's about 50 people in the gym using machines and free weights...

For a moment, I was like, "shit, don't tell me there's nobody coming for Bodycombat.. " It's making a comeback after missing from WOW Fitness more than a year.. and I had the honour to relaunch it, today being the first day of the month..

Then some girl stood behind me, cajoling her friends to come join her.. she was like, "come laa, I want to try this class.. it looks good and the instructor looks.........." She said in mandarin, why, I can understand mandarin, so I turned and smiled.. 

In the studio, there's 2.. So I started the class and introduce myself and what's Bodycombat all about.. then this is the best part.. more people came in.. and then some more!!

By middle of track 1, I have 12 people in the class who just came in to try... Half of them stayed through to cool down.. Awesome awesome.. More than 20% of the people in the gym were in the class!

So yea,.. I got so high and so driven by people walking in.. that I just went on and on, delivering the best workout they could have known.. Outside, at the corner of my eyes, I can see people, like 10 15 of then stood outside watching.. 

I am an attention seeker.. so I did things I knew I won't do if I were in other gyms.. 

I did not realised the bosses were also watching among the people outside, until they came nearer to the glass.. I had a quick glance, but I didn't notice how long they were watching.. 

Because an earlier yoga class ended late, I was contemplating whether or not to skip track 6.. but I was doing The Black Pearl!! How can anyone NOT DO that track!! So I decided go let them go for a quick drink and do it.. I ate the next class's time by 5 minutes LOL..

Chatted with a few members randomly.. I find they are very friendly.. unlike other gyms not-to-be-named... The counter guy.. the towel guy.. the PT.. the staff.. gosh, they are just so friendly!! 

When I was signing my instructor log, a member came up and bro me... you know.. the, "hey bro" kinda greeting? He said he was watching from outside the studio and thought Bodycombat looks like kickboxing.. I was like, "ya in a way, but we've got all kinds of mix martial arts in it!" .. He thought that was so awesome he wanted to try next week.. then I showed him the schedule of the other BC classes, he's like, "nah, I think I will go to your class next Monday"...

Aww.. just made my day.. 

It's just sweet.. 


Good night people.. I am satisfied..


.

2 comments:

  1. hello.

    i just wrote in hoping to find out how do u nail the 18 back kick-step forward choreo?
    i tried scripting - doesnt work
    waiting for music to come in - doesnt work as well.
    any tips??

    Khia!! keep the passion burning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    I assume you meant T6 - The Black Pearl?

    TO be honest, I don't know how many back kick there is in that combo, but I know when exactly the last 4 kick comes, whereby you go, "4, 3, 2, 1 combo" as in video.

    There is a faint synthesis music (as the music picks up). This is where the last 4 kicks start.

    My script is fairly simple. At the start of the back kick, I just say, "now just the back kick only, just the back kick", "heals up, toes down", "opponent at the back, kick him".

    By the time I finish saying all that, I keep quiet and listen to the synthesis.

    It comes after a while, then I start the countdown, and then came the full combo.

    Hope it helps.

    I sometimes practise in the studios so if you happen to be in CF or WOW, maybe we can do it together. ==)

    ReplyDelete