Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Gym Membership

My gym membership expires 19 Sept..

I first joined a gym which was California Fitness Orchard Club back when I was a part-time student in Singapore.. I was paying cash monthly $60 on a student pass.. Very affordable, I would say..

Then when I returned to KL after completing my studies, I transferred my membership back to KL California Fitness.. That was the time I wanted to take up Bodycombat training, it was BC35.. Some issues and I did not proceed to the training..

Then Celebrity Fitness announced in mid 2009 they are taking over California Fitness Malaysia.. and hence, that's how now I ended up a member of Celebrity Fitness... and this term membership expires this weekend..

There's no guessing which gym I will be joining.. I cannot afford Fitness First.. And I totally do not want to join True Fitness because of the latest development in there and my misalignment with the management.. I have issues with them and until they resolve that and make it simpler for instructors to train and teach in TF, I will not go back there..

So, I am renewing my membership in Celebrity Fitness while pursuing my full instructorship certification in Celebrity.. I might even consider signing contract - something I was against a couple months back.. but now, a 2-months contract with Celebrity Fitness is worth RM5,000 and with promised number of hours classes..

Who wouldn't want that?

For time being, at least.. But I will read carefully what the contract says to avoid landing in hot soup.. I want to teach in other gyms as well as doing replacements and covers for other instructors..

Once I get my instructorship in Celebrity Fitness, my membership will then be suspended until such time that I decided not to teach anymore (which could in N years time), then only the membership will resume..

So... yeah... going to sign the membership renewal papers tomorrow in Midvalley club..

I heart Celebrity Fitness, formerly California Fitness..



.

No comments:

Post a Comment